Here is a cabinet I built recently for Ron and Aimee. They had a space in their kitchen that they wanted to use more efficiently:
So it was proposed to make the cabinet a bit bigger. However, there was a light in the way…so the top cabinet had to stay.
Also they didn’t want to spend a fortune (understandably!). Instead of ordering new doors, I bought some used ones and re-sized them a little:
I took out the old upper cabinet so that I could copy it. (There was a bit of a hole in their kitchen for a few weeks) This was very helpful for matching the oak stain.
Then I built the new cabinet exactly like the old one, but with a few modifications to flow into the rest of the kitchen design.
Lastly I installed the new unit. And it turned out pretty good!