Finishing Carpentry

I’m working for Joan and Tom in their townhouse, updating some mouldings. First the columns got wrapped:

Then the windows and door headers received some archetype goodness, sills extended and side frames.

Lastly I installed crown moulding in the living area. I tried using stilts for the first time for some of the smaller pieces, and they worked well, but for the long pieces, Tom helped me put them up and I used my ladder to nail and caulk them. (Mouldings were pre-painted and my customer will do the finish painting, for which I am grateful.)

I still have some stairwell posts to wrap and there seems to be plenty more to do when I have time in my schedule!

%d bloggers like this: